- Martin Gore
- I needed a name for the BBSs we'd dial in to from school, and I was really into Depeche Mode at the time, and always liked this name.
- When I started at RIT, at Computer Science House, everyone thought (rightfully so) that I looked a lot like the character Jerry Steiner from the awesome TV show "Parker Lewis Can't Lose". I denied using the name for a long time, but eventually gave in. I went by this name in person until 2002ish.
- 1992 - very short-lived. I used this name briefly when I was making some Amiga MOD files. Probably heavily influeced by U4ia (Jim Young)
- This one is thanks to Tad. When he was giving out accounts on his DECStation 2000, "Glug" he made up names for people. "Splogget" was the name he bequeathed to me.
- Jan 21, 1994 - (usenet post) This was the beginning of a line of alike-nicks, ending in the one I still use today on IRC. (Sidenote: I think that post might be proof that I started the Mod Charts accidently.) It was originally supposed to be "BalooLlama", but the limitations of IRC at the time meant i had to shorten it. Baloo was from Jungle Book (I hung out on #disney at that time), and "Llama" was from the Monty Python "Cuidado Llamas!" sketch, and "The Film".
- Feb 1995 to present. This is a descendant of "BalooLama" The "Baloo" has become "Bleu". More unique and personal. :) I used this nick when i moved over to #NIN, and also created my own channel, #oberkorn... meant to be a Depeche Mode reference, but somehow attracted some Germans.
- When I joined the #arcade channel on irc.enterthegame.com, I decided to use a game-related nickname, and I decide to use the name of the yellow duck-dragon from "Adventure". I had previously used the character on my web comic who was always the mascot of the comic.