Family Room Wall
- reorganize family room to clear out corner
- remove trim in corner of family room
- remove panelling/sheetrock/insulation
- clean out wall
- install new insulation
- close the wall back up
- measure, figure out DVD shelving wood and logistics (I'm thinking two or three 3' wide shelves, spaced appropriately on the right side of the wall) (I'll use common materials, hopefully with pre-made finishes, so that I can easily add on more shelves later.)
Home Depot trip:
- price out Formica (or other laminate) for workbench (i've gotten a lead that Home Depot has what I need)
- workbench laminate, glue, rollers needed for installation of Formica/Lamintate
- inexpensive cat door
- new handles for doors for basement - Knobs or handles of some kind.
- WD40 (for basement doors, garbage pail in kitchen)
- two fluorescent light fixtures (one for over workbench, one over worktable) and tubes for it.
- wood and hardware necessary for new DVD shelving
- BUY 1qt of the No-VOC paint, to try it out on a section of wall in the family room.
- install cat door
- install new handles
fix wheels/motion to run smoother
- Build and install DVD shelves (hopefully it will not involve finishing wood, just cutting/installing.
- remove panelling
- prep for paint in the future (or cheap white panelling or somesuch - the panelling there is poor.)
- organize the space
- move the large arcade machine into the space
- hang the curtain (requires drilling/nailing)
- hang the whiteboards (requires drilling/nailing)
- Install wiring to it
- Hang new fluorescent fixture over it, hook it in to the switched box.
- Hang rotary tool as well
- figure out which power breaker switch turns off the workbench power
- turn it off
- tear out existing wiring
- rewire to be more sane and useful for me (new outlets, switches)
- put new formica/laminate top on it.
- replace regular light bulbs with Compact Fluorescent bulbs (we have these, just need to do this)
Family Room (eventually)
- Remove trim
- Paint walls
- cut and mount lower tier of wood