Arduino is a low-cost, easy to work with PIC programming
system. You simply plug it into your Mac or PC and using
the Processing-like IDE, write programs for it, click a
button, and it downloads the code to the board where it
just starts running. Very simple, very easy to use, very
Here's just a quick list of some sketches I've made thus far:
- a simulation of my old solid-state DARNIT lightshow
- a DAMMIT inspired 8 LED light show, controllable via three knobs (Speed, Pattern, Effect). It also has a serial interface. (in progress)
- tap a button, the LED blinks to the tempo.
- the same, but with a press-and-hold feature
- a test of the analog interface - two knobs change the LED pattern. One moves a flashing LED, the other creates a bar-graph thingy.