Welcome to the Yorgle Notebook, my evolving collection of
essays, projects, hacks and various other niftiness that friends
or myself have encountered or discovered.
All of the content on these pages is copyright by Scott Lawrence, unless
otherwise noted. All media content is Creative Commons licensed.
You may also want to check out the Notebook Battlegrounds
for possible future things that may be added here, or just tiny snippets
- Jaguar VLM-1 Dissection
- An exercise to figure out the Jaguar CD's "Virtual
Light Machine" (made by Llamasoft) triggering algorithm.
- Heuristic-based Character Recognition
- An algorithm I devised for reading the digits generated by
a piece of video hardware, retrieved from video file imagery.
- Histogram Equalization
- A fast algorithm to equalize/normalize image data with very
good results. This article also covers Histograms, and Normalization.
- Stereo Video Production
- A complete how-to for creating 3D Stereo content on the cheap,
including editing, building a camera rig, and production planning.
- Close Enough is Good Enough
- Do you really need π to five thousand decimal points, or is
"3.14" good enough? How about "22/7"?
- Pac Rom Family Tree
- An exploration of various clues about the Pac-Man romsets to try
to determine a proper family tree for them all...
- Full Motion Video on Pac-Man Hardware
- Is it possible to play back video on a 3MHz Z80-based computer
from 1980? Yes... read on...
- A "space station control panel"-like electronic box for my son
Jasper to play with.